|We’re less than one week away from the opening ceremonies of the Special Olympics BC Provincial Challenge Games and there’s still a chance to join the fun! This is a great opportunity for both athletes and volunteers to connect virtually in a safe and fun way while getting active and I hope you’ll join the team to help Region 6 as we compete against the rest of the province.
How It Works:
- Register with us if you haven’t already this year! A reminder that registration is free this year. If you are already registered just reply to this email to let us know you would like to participate in the Games. Each registered Games participant that completes the challenge activities through the months of May and June will receive a Games uniform piece. If you haven’t registered yet please fill out the sobcnanaimoreg.
- Complete the challenges in the SOBC Provincial Challenge Games calendars. There will be daily physical and wellness activities! Training group leaders will connect weekly with their local athletes to provide encouragement and help track points. (Training group leaders do not have to be trained coaches. Interested parents and administrative volunteers are encouraged to get involved!)
- Help your Regional team claim top spot in the province! While this event will not be a qualifier, every challenge activity that an athlete completes will earn points toward your Regional team’s total. Plus, athletes who complete their challenges will be entered in weekly prize draws! Regional team point totals will be averaged based on the number of participants per team, so every Region has the potential to come out on top – no matter their size!
- Experience the Games spirit by connecting with your local training group and your Regional team, and by attending the virtual ceremonies!
Virtual Opening Ceremony on Facebook Live, April 29 at 6:30 p.m. PT
Virtual Closing Ceremonies on Facebook Live, June 23 to 24
The challenge calendars will be very similar to those SOBC has offered throughout the past year – check out the past calendars for examples. But there will be some new activities and new creative ways to win points!
APRIL 12 TO 30: Registration!
- Each registered Games participant that completes the challenge activities through the months of May and June will receive a Games uniform piece.
- Registration closes April 30.
MAY 1 TO JUNE 18: SOBC Provincial Challenge Games Competition!
- SOBC hosts a virtual Provincial Challenge Games Opening Ceremony on April 29 at 6:30 p.m. PT.
- SOBC issues a Provincial Challenge Games activity calendar for each month and maintains a leaderboard tracking regional team rankings.
- Athletes complete challenges and count their points.
- Training group leaders connect at least once a week with athletes and submit points to team.
- Regional teams come together virtually for monthly pep rallies.
JUNE 23 TO 24: SOBC Provincial Challenge Games Ceremonies!
- Virtual awards, dance parties, and more.
Are you ready to compete, connect, and take on a challenge? Be part of the 2021 Special Olympics BC Provincial Challenge Games!